Author: Ren Garcia
Series: The League of Elder, Book 12
Publisher: StG/Winter Wolf Press
Released: June 11, 2017
Genre: Fantasy, Space Opera, Science Fiction
TURNS OF THE SHADOW TECH GODDESS: The 6th TURN
Lord Belmont’s life ended in Clovis, in the impenetrable darkness beneath the ground where forbidden rites were once held. Lady Gwendolyn was his love, body and soul, and the Demon in Blue Light killed her.
Every year, on the anniversary of Gwen’s death, he returns to Clovis to stand in the cold desolation, hearing the wind moan through the lonely passes, feeling her loss all over again.
On this anniversary, he wasn’t alone in Clovis. He hears the noises rustling in the brush. He smells the raw river of Shadow tech. Then he sees it:
The claws …
The flicking tail …
The maniacal, glittering eyes fixed on him …
“I’ve been waiting for you,” it says in a grating voice as it attacks.
* * * * *
Far away, across the cosmos in a city of wondrous crystal towers, two people watch in horror as the desperate scene at Clovis unfolds. They had worked so hard, sacrificed so much, even argued for it before the gods. They convinced the gods they were right, that they knew best, and everything would go well.
But, things weren’t going well at Clovis.
If this situation turns out poorly, then ages worth of work would be lost, and, just possibly, the universe itself might come to an end.
Ren Garcia is a Science Fiction/Fantasy author and Texas native who grew up in western Ohio. He has been writing since before he could write, often scribbling alien lingo on any available wall or floor with assorted crayons. He attended The Ohio State University and majored in English Literature.
Ren has been an avid lover of anything surreal since childhood. He also has a passion for caving, urban archeology, taking pictures of clouds, and architecture. He currently lives in Columbus, Ohio with his wife, and their four dogs.
CONNECT WITH REN HERE:
Q&A with the Author
- Tell us about things you enjoy — what you do for fun or personal satisfaction besides writing? I like to play volleyball, ice hockey and go cave exploring.
- When did you first realize you were an author? Since 1stor 2nd I’ve always had a big imagination.
- Have you done anything writing-related, but besides actually writing your books, that seemed to get a lot of positive response? Something that encouraged you? Not that I can think of.
- What is the thing you struggle with the most while writing? And how do you defeat it? After 13 books, it’s difficult to stay fresh and original. I try not to repeat myself, but it gets tough sometimes.
- What is the “message” of your writing? (For example, is your purpose to encourage old-fashioned values, encourage romance, or do you have different purposes in different books?) My hidden messages and themes vary with the books. For Kat—I tried to demonstrate that all things, no matter how unlikely, have the potential to better themselves.
- Are your characters/stories/scenes, etc. based on anything in real life? Not really. Sort of, but no.
- What are your future projects? Still trying to finish the Shadow tech goddess series, and then, who knows …