RAVEN’S EYE by Adam Gowans
Publisher: Scrivener Books
Publication Date: July 3, 2018
Genre: Asian, Fantasy, Young Adult, Myths & Legends
Ever since magic caused his mother’s death, Ha-Neul, crown prince of Balhae, hates witches and the magic they wield. He has instituted harsh laws against all magic users.
Lisa is a young witch working undercover as a servant in his palace, hoping to gain freedom for her people. The last thing the two expect is to fall in love. But when Ha-Neul learns that Lisa is not only a witch, but the daughter of the Prince of Vires, land of witches, he banishes her. Distracted by heartbreak, he is caught off-guard by a military coup.
In hiding and on the run, Ha-Neul swallows his pride and travels with his siblings to Vires, planning to beg Lisa’s aid, only to learn that she has mysteriously vanished.
Now his only hope in reclaiming his kingdom and reuniting with Lisa lies in the remote Northern Mountains, a country no one has ever penetrated and rumored home of a powerful magic source. There, Ha-Neul learns that a being powerful beyond comprehension has been carefully guiding his destiny. But if Ha-Neul can’t let go of his hatred of all things magic, and accept the new path offered to him, it will mean the destruction of his entire world.
Adam Gowans is the youngest of five Air Force brats, out of which his siblings have voted him the weirdest. He loves anything that deals with stories, including movies, novels, television dramas, music, video games, manga/manhwa, and webtoons.
In his mid-twenties, he lived and taught English in South Korea for four years before returning to the States to live, like many LDS authors, in Utah.
His first novel is On Angelic Wings, which has a planned sequel, but the sequel will be released after two other novels that are calling for his attention.
Connect with Adam here:
Q & A With The Author:
We had a party with Author Adam Gowens and many people asked his some questions. We thought you would enjoy seeing this Q&A and learning a bit more about Adam.
- When did you first begin writing? What made you decide to become an author? I was in middle school, and one of our English assignments was to create our own descriptions of dragons (we were reading an Anne McCaffrey short story). When we read them in class, someone made the comment that it sounded like it could be a book, and the idea to try to write stuck.
- What is your favorite live-action TV show and why? I love the Korean dramas Coffee Prince, Secret Garden, and Faith (Great Doctor). My favorite American drama is Big Bang Theory.
- What is your favorite movie? Does the 5-hour Pride and Prejudice count? No? August Rush and Penelope.
- What’s so weird about you? Lots of things are weird about me, including my family, and I tend to be the odd one out of them most of the time. I’m not exactly sure how to describe how I am weird, but I know that I am and I embrace it.
- What advice would you give to someone trying to get published? Don’t give up, and don’t count out self-publishing. Keep writing, and one day, you will write something that you desperately want to share with the world. That’s why I went with self-publishing.
- Do you listen to music when you write? Sometimes. It used to be all the time, but sometimes the quiet helps me think.
- What type of music? I have a pretty eclectic taste in music. I listen to groups like Breaking Benjamin to K-pop and Mando-pop.
- What inspires you to write fantasy? Anything and everything. People I see or dreams. Sometimes it’s just random ideas that pop into my head.
- What types of movies do you enjoy? I like all genres. They all have something to offer. The only things I don’t like in movies is too much crudeness (for my tastes) and tons of gore (never watched Saw and don’t plan to, I prefer the suspense of scary movies, like in Wait Until Dark).
- What inspires you to write fantasy? I’ve loved fantasy for as long as I can remember. Dreaming up the unknown and making it “real” is as rewarding as it is difficult.
To view our blog schedule and follow along with this Blitz visit our Official Event Page.