Author: Louise Cypress
Narrators: Reba Buhr, Alexander Cendese
Length: 8 hours 2 minutes
Series: The Puritan Coven Series, Book 1
Publisher: Tantor Audio
Release date: Jan. 10, 2019
Genre: Paranormal Romance; Young Adult
A nerdy high school senior transforms into a vampire vixen who’s unaware that her hunky date for prom is the slayer sent to destroy her.
Morgan Taylor-Jackson can’t wait for high school to end. In six months she leaves for UCLA and says goodbye to La Jolla, California, and her parents’ messy divorce. But when Morgan is bitten by a four-year-old boy, she becomes infected with a mysterious condition. Fever, insomnia, and a new bustline are only the beginning; Morgan morphs from nerd to bombshell.
As far as Van Xander is concerned, all vampires are evil, even the ones who reject human sacrifice and call themselves Puritans. When Helsing Incorporated sends Van to La Jolla to investigate the local coven, Morgan is his prime target. Pretending to be interested in her, Van asks Morgan out and puts her through a series of tests to determine her killer nature.
Morgan is thrilled to be dating a hot guy like Van and falls for him hard. As Van strings Morgan along, he grows increasingly guilty. Morgan is kind, compassionate, and a gooey romantic. Just as Van’s mind begins to change, evil forces threaten everything. When prom night arrives, there are only two ways out of the ballroom: death or immortality.
Louise Cypress believes in friendship, true love, and the everlasting power of books. She has never met a vampire or a mermaid, but she has been to a Love Sucks concert on Valentine’s Day. She can often be found curled up with a romance novel on Saturday night, diet soda in hand, secretly wishing bustles were back in fashion. Louise is from San Diego, California, where the beach is crowded and summer is immortal.
Reba Buhr grew up in the Pacific Northwest and now lives in Los Angeles, working in theater, film, and television. She has degrees from Occidental College in theater and classical voice. Reba began recording audiobooks in 2012 and has turned her love for performance into a passion for narrating characters that jump off the page. Reba is an accomplished voice actor and has lent her voice to many commercials, video games, and animated projects, including Popples and Knights of Sidonia for Netflix, Toonami’s Hunter x Hunter, and Zagtoon’s Zak Storm.
Alexander Cendese is a New York–based actor/narrator whose credits include roles on and Off-Broadway, in films, and on popular television shows, including Law & Order: SVU and All My Children. He holds a BFA from the Carnegie Mellon School of Drama.
Q&A with Louse Cypress, author of BITE ME
- Question One: BITE ME is about a nerdy high school senior who transforms into a vampire vixen, unaware that her hunky date for prom is the slayer sent to destroy her. What inspired you to write about vampires?
- Louise: As a reader, sometimes I just want to read a book for fun. It’s the same thing as an author. In my day job, I write a lot of technical things that can be boring, so at night when I sat down to write fiction, I wanted to entertain myself. Like many readers, I can’t get enough vampire romance in my life, and BITE ME has humor mixed in, so hopefully it will make people laugh too.
- Question Two: You mentioned humor, is BITE ME intentionally funny?
- Louise: Yes, hopefully you find BITE ME to be laugh out loud funny. One of my favorite scenes is right at the beginning when Morgan is bitten. She’s in the bathroom, drying her hands on a towel, and a four-year-old vampire enters the room without knocking. Eighteen-year-old Morgan thinks to herself, “Don’t preschoolers understand about privacy?” This is a book that doesn’t take itself too seriously.
- Question Three: In BITE ME, Morgan has a special relationship with her Grandma Mimi, who’s a real fashionista. Was that character dynamic inspired by your own grandmother?
- Louise: Yes, in fact I dedicated the book to my Grandma Gerry, who always wore stockings, a silk dress, flashy jewelry, and a full face of makeup. She had her hair done once a week at the salon.
- Question Four: Are there more books planned in the Puritan Coven Series?
- Louise: Right now this is a three book series. Tantor Media is publishing the unabridged audiobook versions of BITE ME, HUNT ME, and SLAY ME.
- Question Five: What’s HUNT ME about?
- Louise: HUNT ME is a second chance romance about Morgan’s friend Esma, and her ex-boyfriend Chase. Here’s the hook: “An all-girls vampire camping trip turns deadly when a sasquatch hunter is accidentally killed.” Be ready to get sucked into the Puritan Coven!
Giveaway: $30 Amazon Gift Card
➜Sign up as a host here