Why my life sucks by Geri Lazaro
1. My dad left when I was a kid.
2. My mom is in love (insert eye roll).
3. With a guy who is like 10 years younger than her!
4. My friends think he’s hot. (Gross)
5. I love ballet but our dance studio has a leak and we
have to dance in this smelly studio that doubles as an aikido dojo.
6. There’s this Dojo guy who thinks the studio belongs to
7. Friends think Dojo guy is cute. (Ew.) (Okay, objectively
maybe but still, ew.)
8. I’m failing algebra.
9. Need to quit either basketball or ballet. Or both.
10. Dojo guy keeps showing up! (Fine, he does aikido in the
same building but whatever.)
11. Dojo guy is asking me to dance with him. And maybe he
is as cute as my friends say.
12. I don’t know what to do anymore!
Ines Bautista-Yao is the author of One Crazy Summer, What’s in your Heart, Only A Kiss, When Sparks Fly, All That Glitters, and Someday With You. She has also written several short stories. Among them are “Plain Vanilla,” “A Captured Dream,” one of the four short stories in Sola Musica: Love Notes from a Festival, “Things I’ll Never Say,” part of the Summit Books anthology Coming of Age, and “Before the Sun Rises,” part of the Ateneo University Press anthology Friend Zones.
She is the former editor-in-chief of Candy and K-Zone magazines and a former high school and college English and Literature teacher. She is also a wife and mom who lives in the Philippines with her husband and two little girls. Her books are available digitally on Amazon and Buqo.ph.
Connect with the Author here:
Geri – Chloe Bennet.
She’s spunky and tough yet graceful while onstage.
She’s also an angry teenager who is annoyed that she’s actually falling in love.
Bas – Ross Butler.
He’s athletic, caring, and grateful that he’s gotten past his anger issues.
He doesn’t mind being beaten by a girl in basketball and is determined to win her heart despite how difficult she’s being about it.
Helena – Dianne Doan.
She’s Geri’s best friend and the best ballerina in class.
She isn’t just supportive of Geri’s dreams but of helping her find her happily ever after too.
Any guy who watches you dance will fall in love with you, Geri.
When you’re used to building a thick layer of granite around your feelings, it isn’t easy to chip away at it to reveal the soft, vulnerable rawness underneath.
To view our blog schedule and follow along with this tour visit our Official Event page